On April 27, 2017 the Minister of Transport, the Honourable Marc Garneau began consulting Canadians, stakeholders, and provinces and territories, and Indigenous groups to hear their views and discuss ideas for a long-term agenda for transportation in Canada.
The Minister focused on five themes:
- Safer transportation – How can we keep travellers and communities safe?
- Trade corridors to global markets – How can we get the best economic benefits from Canada's key trade routes to global markets?
- Green and innovative transportation – How can new technologies help us?
- The traveller – How can we provide Canadian travellers with better service as well as more, and more affordable choices?
- Waterways, coasts and the North – What improvements to the marine transportation system do you think would balance economic growth, greater environmental protection, and boating safety?
View our response to the Minister on the Future of Canada's Transportation System.