Located in Richmond BC and serving the busiest port in Canada, Coast 2000 Terminals Ltd is one of the largest off-dock ocean container terminals in the country. We are currently looking for a Customer Service Representative to join our team.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) has the primary responsibility of processing and coordinating container movement through the container yard and maintaining inventory for customers. The position involves utilizing 2-way radio to direct the workforce accordingly with various clerical duties to support the CSR Team Leader and the Management Team.
Essential Job Functions
- In-gate/Out-gate of container transaction at an accurate and efficient pace into our own in-house computer system
- Dealing with 2-way radios with headset to complete yard transactions and dispatches
- Communicates and coordinates with internal departments and staff in order to fulfill customers’ needs
- Container verification through customer website or email support
- Assist and aid any drivers with paperwork or issues at the time of outgate
- Able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Communicates with customers by various methods on a daily basis
- Answers customer queries and performs customer verifications
- Ability to handle incoming telecommunications and directing to the correct department
- Maintains and files all records in accordance with company procedures
- Variable shifts from Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday Shift, hours alternating through the week with morning and afternoon shifts. (Hours may be extended based on customer demand)
- Able to work in a high stress environment and possess good time management skills
- Reliability and punctuality is a must
- This positon reports to the CY Supervisors with dotted reporting line to the CSR Team Leader
- Peers include CSRs in other departments.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, multitask and prioritize on the fly
- Problem solving skills required
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Above average communication skills both written and oral
- Above average typing skills
- Positive and outgoing personality with solid customer service skills
- Grade 12 diploma accompanied by ongoing courses that support administrative duties
- Previous office experience particularly in a logistics environment preferred.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.