The purpose of this position is to supervise the day to day cruise operation and to provide feedback for opportunities for improvement.
Job Grade: Salary
Position Type: Full Time
Ceres Terminals Incorporated, a subsidiary of NYK Group, pursues its mission based upon a set of core values, our “Three I’s.” An employee’s job performance must support and exhibit the organization’s core values:
- Integrity: Be responsible and considerate to your customers and stay warm, cordial, courteous and caring.
- Innovation: Continually thinks of new ideas for improvement, even when conditions appear
- Intensity: Carry through with and accomplish your goals. Never give up. Overcome challenges. Remain motivated
Role and Responsibilities - essential roles, responsibilities and activities a candidate can expect to assume in this position:
- Monitors the cruise terminal (see list below) and troubleshoots any immediate concerns / issues that arise in a timely manner and in compliance with Ceres Security Plan and policies.
- Passengers Flows
- Main Lobby (Congestion levels)
- Vehicle Traffic Flows
- Speed of Disembarkation and Embarkation
- Canada Border Security Agency / US Customs and Border Protection lines
- Cruise Line Staff
- Provides daily direction to the Port of Vancouver Lead Traffic Attendants.
- Maintain constant communication with Ceres contracted security service provider to ensure is running smoothly and inaccordance with the Ceres Security Plan. Should any issues occur, it is the Cruise Coordinators responsibility to ensure that they are rectified
- To ensure the ground transportation requirements meets the daily requirement by coordinating and assisting the ground transportation providers and ground transportation
- Responsible for maintaining the information contained on the CruisePortal which includes posting information relevant today (independent numbers, meeting minutes,last minute updates to vessel arrival and departure times, road closures affecting the cruise terminal etc.)
- Responding to emails or inquiries from Cruise Stakeholders and various other duties
- Keep a daily comprehensive log of all operating events for distribution
- Assist with creating and updating the various cruise operations manuals and plans.
- Attend various meetings and provide input. These meetings include but are not limited to the following:
- Weekly Cruise Operations meeting with cruise lines, security and regulatory agencies
- Weekly Cruise Team Meeting with Port of Vancouver
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
1. SPECIAL SKILLS
- Demonstrates leadership skills within an industrial unionized
- Knowledge of cruise facility
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate and provide direction to individuals and/or groups.
- Knowledge of computer operation including statistical
- Able to direct safework practices and identify and facilitate training.
- Knowledge of environmental and corporate compliance practices.
2. PREFERRED EDUCATION
High school diploma, university or college diploma in a related field preferred.
3. WORK EXPERIENCE
Five or more years of operations experience or equivalent.
If you share our company values and believe that you have the necessary knowledge, experience and skills to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.