Operating as a branch of MSC Global, one of the world’s leading container shipping lines, Mediterranean Shipping Company (Canada) is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with a dynamic team of 180+ staff across our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Saint John.
As a company, we stand out in our industry for delivering a personal service at a professional level, building strong relationships with each and every customer. For us to continue to deliver this to our customers, we know it’s essential to develop our team with the right people in the right roles. When we recruit, we don’t just consider education and experience, we look for down-to-earth, genuine people who share our core brand values and commitment to putting our customers first.
Our Vancouver Office is seeking enthusiastic, customer centric individuals to work with our Customer Service team. You must have strong organization skills with the ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is an energetic individual willing to learn and grow professionally, who enjoys working in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Respond to customer emails, and phone calls and resolve issues within a timely manner
- Book containers onto vessels using MSC’s internal software based on the details of the customer’s booking request
- Create accurate bookings while meeting departmental time restraints
- Liaise with the Commercial teams to validate quotations
- Understand and use agency reports such as: equipment inventory, release depots, sailing schedules etc. (Training will be provided)
- Must be willing and able to work on a rotating shift-work schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Requires strong written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse team of people at all levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where key performance indicators are monitored
Knowledge & Skills:
- Customer-centric mindset
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly detailed-oriented
- Experience in the shipping industry is an asset
- Call center experience an asset
What can MSC do for you?
As a professional within our organization, you will benefit from a competitive compensation & benefits package as well as career development opportunities and programs:
- 100% benefits coverage
- Tailored training programs
- Defined group contribution plan and referral incentive programs
Interested applicants can email their resume to
360 St-Jacques West - Suite 900, Montreal, Quebec, H2Y 1P5, Canada
T: (514) 844-3711 ext. 4266
M: (514) 243-3469