Oak Maritime ( Canada) Inc. was founded in 1994. The company’s line of business includes commercial and technical management of a fleet of bulk carriers and tankers.
Oak Maritime (Canada) Inc. is located 1500-1111 W Georgia, Vancouver, BC V6E 4M3
We are looking for a Marine Senior Engineer who has minimum 3 years of experience in the supervision of the operation and maintenance bulk carriers and tankers. This is a full-time and permanent position. Starting salary C$ 6,000 is per month. Working hours are 9am to 5 pm, 5 days a week.
The Marine Senior Engineer will perform the following job duties:
1. Supervise the operation of main engines, machinery, all auxiliary equipment, deck machineries, and navigation/communication equipment onboard, bulk carriers and tankers ;
2. Supervise and monitoring and noting of the performance of engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment including arranging any planned repair, survey or emergency repairs for the ship if necessary .
3. Maintain records and reports on engine performance and failures to senior management of the company and her Owner
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline is required
2. 1st Class marine engineer certificate– ocean going with unlimited horse power
1. Minimum three ( 3 ) years of relevant experience as a Superintendent engineer or a classification society surveyor
2. Ability to communicate in English with proficient skills in reading and writing in English;
3. Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal direction;
4. Experience in supervising personnel on board ship;
5. Strong work ethic and positive outlook;
6. Strong interpersonal skills;
7 New ship building site supervision as an Owner’s or Classification society representative.
8 Minimum 2 years sailing as a Chief engineer onboard ocean going ship
9. Knowledge of written and spoken Mandarin is an asset, but not a requirement for this position;
This position is for an individual who is self-motivated to further develop his or her skills and career. For the right candidate, we will provide support for pursing a professional designation.