Bargeman (Seagoing Position)
Island Tug and Barge (ITB) is looking to fill a position within the seagoing team for the role of Bargeman. The
Bargeman is responsible for the safe and efficient load and discharge operation of ITB’s fuel barges.
Some of the main responsibilities for this position are:
- Load and discharge barge cargoes in accordance to the Safety, Quality, and Pollution Prevention Policies
- and Procedures of ITB;
- Product quality assurance during cargo transfers;
- Maintain accurate records of the loading process, product-tank configuration, product volumes, pumping
- process, retained volumes, bunkers consumed, and bunkers loaded;
- Complete and forward all necessary paperwork regarding loads and discharges to customer;
- Perform barge maintenance and repairs as required;
- Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of different fuel products’ specifications, dangerous
- characteristics, and compatibility with other fuel products;
- Support the tug crew on the barge during arrivals and departures.
ITB is looking for an individual with the following skills and qualifications:
- Valid S.O.T.O Certificate from Transport Canada or Tanker experience
- Marine/Mechanical background is considered an asset for this position;
- Logical & practical thinker with good computer, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and in a fluent manner both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently;
- Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts;
- Adapt to working in a fast-paced, customer oriented environment.
To apply for above position, please submit your resume and cover letter clearly indicating your experience to