Export Bookings/Documentation Representative - Western Canada
MEDITERRANEAN SHIPPING COMPANY (CANADA) INC
Vancouver, BC, CANADA
As a global leader in container shipping, MSC Canada stands out in our industry for delivering a personalized service based on KNOWLEDGE, PROFESSIONALISM and CARE, building strong relationships with each and every customer. To continue our legacy in customer-oriented service, we strive to develop our internal team with the right people, in the right roles. When we recruit, we consider more than education and experience; we look for genuine, passionate and dedicated individuals who share our core brand values and commitment of prioritizing our customers first.
The goal of the Export Bookings/Documentation representative is to create pre-booking and booking requests in an accurate and timely manner and is responsible for producing a complete bill of lading for every export container loaded on a vessel. This role is in charge of all corrections and processing of telex releases as well as manifesting vessels by deadlines for all West Coast services.
- Provide best possible customer service (measured by accuracy and effectiveness of communication) while resolving customer issues
- Receive all shipping instructions from clients and input data correctly and accurately into our in-house system (MSC LINK)
- Release documents to clients once all payments have been fully received (telex release, express and original bill of lading)
- Detailed and meticulous verification of all documents pertaining to each container and shipment
- Create and implement bookings for client based on their requests and needs
- Respond and adjust all bookings based on changes/corrections advised by the customer, colleagues, upper management
- Create pre-bookings by entering customer request details into internal system
- Create booking confirmations to send to the client
- Correct all discrepancies and errors on client bookings
- Add notify party or consignee details to the booking
- Follow up with overseas agents regarding any issues with shipments
Additional tasks may be required based on needs of department
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
All MSC Canada employees are expected to exhibit the MSC Attitude whereby you are a positive force, relentlessly driven to produce solutions-focused results; your approachable nature encourages collaboration with colleagues and customers.
- Customer Service Focus: Strives to provide a memorable customer service experience to every customer every time; uses a genuine friendly approach, enthusiastic and energetic, consistent in courtesy and respect in every situation; highly developed sense of integrity and understanding of their role, i.e. representing MSC to the customer and consistently acts accordingly
- Ability to multi-task: Is able to proceed and accomplish tasks while monitoring phones and emails as well as ticketing in a timely manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: Is able to communicate in a concise professional manner, using correct grammar and syntax, using positive language consistently to convey negative messages; demonstrates empathy for the customer in their communication
- Organizational Skills: Is able to manage the workload, to prioritize, and to manage their time effectively, ensuring a seamless and frictionless process, approaching problems logically and with demonstrated good judgment
- Follow-through: Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and promptness as well as consistency in following up in unresolved client issues to ensure completion, advocating for each customer both internally and externally; keeping a friendly connection with the customer to assure them they have not been forgotten
- Attention to detail while working quickly and under pressure: Is able to maintain the both the quality and the productivity standards, ensuring accuracy, correctness and speed are maintained, when deadlines are tight and the pressure is on.
- 0-2 years of related experience preferred (in shipping or freight forwarding capacity)
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to learn new systems/processes quickly
Apply through our careers page at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=3E6891&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_CA