Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC) is a Transport Canada certified , whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when a marine oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public.
WCMRC is currently undergoing organizational growth and as a result, we are seeking a Full Time Marine Maintenance Manager to join our team on Vancouver Island (Duncan/ Nanaimo, BC). This position will be particularly appealing to an individual who enjoys the fast pace associated with a dynamic, growing organization.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Marine Maintenance Manager will:
- Ensure the WCMRC fleet of vessels are maintained in a safe, cost efficient manner, in compliance with regulatory requirements at all times, maximizing response readiness availability, providing technical expertise to the organization.
- This is a primarily shore side position with participation in on water spill response activities, exercises, and vessel runs.
- Lead our team of Marine Engineers acting as a senior resource, ensuring ongoing training, career development, and managing their performance.
- Write detailed vessel refit specifications, work in shipyards, and oversee refit activities.
- Schedule and evaluate costing of vessel repair work.
- Schedule and coordinate flow of work based on Maintenance system generated work orders.
- Establish priorities and availability of personnel, equipment, and resources.
- Keep and review data associated with vessel maintenance and operating parameters with the objective of minimizing downtime, while maximizing reliability and cost efficiency.
To be successful in this role you will have a post-secondary degree or diploma in Marine Engineering and have your First Class Engineer and Motor Ship Certificate. You will also bring a minimum 5 years’ experience as Chief Engineer on vessels exceeding 3000 Gross Tonnes and experience in working with Computerized Marine Maintenance System (CMMS). Experience in maintaining barges or working with Class Societies and shore side experience as a Port Engineer/Technical Superintendent are assets. You will need to be a collaborative, professional team player who is able to coordinate and interact with multiple people and manage changing and shifting priorities.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust, integrity in all our business practices, success through competency, creativity and teamwork, and being a steward of the environment. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, send a cover letter and detailed resume. http://wcmrc.com/careers/?ja-job=22715
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find out more about us, visit our website at www.wcmrc.com