West Vancouver, BC
Waterfront Chartering International Ltd., a shipbroking firm working with clients world-wide, seeks candidates to enter our trainee programme.
The successful applicant will gain hands-on experience while being trained and developed by our senior shipbrokers.
- Assisting a team of brokers providing freight solutions for millions of tonnes of cargo over hundreds of fixtures per annum
- Processing circa 1200 e-mails per day
- Liasing telephonically, in person and via e-mail between Shipowners and Charterers
- Keeping records of ships and cargoes
- Learning to read market trends and the intricacies of trading
- Being available to clients around the clock.
The successful applicant should:
- show initiative and self-motivation
- have an interest in geography and international business
- be intelligent but perhaps not conventionally so
- be analytical and quick thinking
- be able to multi task
- be a lateral thinker
- have a strong sense of urgency
- have a strong work ethic (i.e. will take it upon themselves to work early, late, on weekends and holidays as needed)
- be well read with a vocabulary and command of the English language beyond what your education might suggest
- be clear that embarking upon a career in shipbroking is not for the faint of heart
Please send your resume attention: Jan Olsen, Waterfront Chartering
Please include the word "trainee" in body of message.