Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC) is a Transport Canada certified , whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when an oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public.
We are seeking a Full Time Marine Maintenance Manager to join our team in Burnaby, B.C.
The Marine Maintenance Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the WCMRC fleet of vessels and shore-side assets are maintained in a safe and cost efficient manner
- Leading our team of Marine Engineers and Maintenance staff, acting as a senior resource, ensuring ongoing training, career development, and managing their performance
- Writing detailed vessel refit specifications, working in shipyards, overseeing refit activities and managing maintenance projects
- Scheduling and evaluation of costing for vessel repair work and scheduling and coordinating flow of work based on maintenance system generated work orders
- Tracking and reviewing data associated with vessel maintenance and operating parameters with the objective of minimizing downtime, while maximizing reliability and cost efficiency
- Completing all other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position you will hold a First Class Marine Engineering, Motor Ship Certificate issued from Transport Canada, have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as Chief Engineer on vessels exceeding 3000 Gross Tonnes and at least 2 years’ previous leadership experience. Also required is experience in working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS). Previous experience maintaining barges or working with Class Societies and shore side experience as a Port Engineer/Technical Superintendent is considered an asset.
You will need to be a collaborative team player, able to coordinate and interact with multiple people and projects, and skilled at managing changing and shifting priorities. In addition, high attention to detail, strong computer skills, including proficiency with all MS Office applications is required.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust, integrity in all our business practices, success through competency, creativity and teamwork, and being a steward of the environment. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please submit a cover letter and detailed resume.
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: end of day February 15, 2018.
To find out more about us, visit our website at www.wcmrc.com.