G2 Ocean is a joint venture of two of the world’s leading breakbulk and bulk shipping companies: Gearbulk and Grieg Star. We operate the largest fleet of open hatch vessels worldwide. In addition, we operate a substantial fleet of conventional bulk carriers.
With 130 vessels and 16 offices on six continents, we can serve all our customers’ needs. Our vessels are tailor-made for breakbulk cargoes like forestry products, steel and project cargoes. Advanced systems make shipping with us easy. The passion and expertise of our people put our customers at ease. This is the basis for reliable, efficient, flexible, high-quality and innovative services.
We are seeking an ambitious and energetic person who wants to be part of our team in Vancouver.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Optimizing the efficiency of the voyage – which includes minimizing all voyage related costs and time.
- Managing all aspects of vessel operations within the relevant trade group. He / she will ensure that communication with all parties including vessels, local offices, procurement department, ship managers, agents, stevedores, other associated companies and sub-contractors is done correctly and in accordance with existing work instructions and valid charter-party and contract conditions.
- Plan the voyage from start to finish. He / she will anticipate possible problems in advance and adjust plans as needed to achieve the most cost-effective solutions. He / she will respond to any problems that arise during the voyage and put in hand whatever corrective measures may be required.
- Calculate cargo intake as may be required and co-ordinate the preparation of pre-stow plans in accordance with the Voyage Planning and Execution Procedure.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of final stow-plans, including detailed tier plans and load/discharge reports as required.
- Responsible for the day to day coordination and supervision of his/her trade support team located in Manila.
- Willing to work variable hours due to the nature of the business
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Maritime degree at Bachelor level (shipping operations etc) or equivalent maritime qualification
- Substantial operational experience, preferably dry cargo / break-bulk.
- Sailing experience an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years shipping experience – preferably in an equivalent role
- Budget preparation / control and follow up experience, full understanding of voyage accounts
- All aspects of voyage planning and execution, including documentation, voy. Accounts
- Need high level awareness of customers’ needs and expectations
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong attention to details
We can offer:
- A challenging and demanding position in a new joint venture within the shipping industry
- The possibility to join a company creating truly pioneering sustainable shipping solutions
- An opportunity to handle, plan and manage voyages from start to finish
- Creating a possibility to work in a sustainable company that provides great opportunity globally
- A competitive and rewarding compensation package
Contact and apply: