The Port of Vancouver is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 360 kilometres of shoreline and waterways, bordering on 16 municipalities and intersecting with traditional territories and treaty lands of several Coast Salish First Nations. Annually $200 billion in goods with more than 170 world economies are traded through the port. The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority manages port lands at the Port of Vancouver, and leads the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers.
Our Trade Development Department is looking for a highly-motivated individual to join them as Account Representative to build and maintain strong relationships with key VFPA customers, as well as key stakeholders, to provide distinctive value to customers. This position will contribute to the development of corporate and departmental plans and work cross-departmentally in support of marketing strategies. The Account Representative will also maintain a deep understanding of customers’ businesses, their strategies and operations in the port’s gateway. In this role, you will:
- Build relationships across the organization and with external customers and stakeholders to enhance customer experience, and provide market intelligence and input to corporate and departmental plans.
- Develop and maintain key customer accounts and implement customer engagement tactics in alignment with the port authority’s Customer Engagement Framework and in collaboration with relevant internal departments.
- In collaboration with various internal departments, recommend, develop and implement marketing programs, and business improvement processes.
- Assess and identify business opportunities for the port authority and support customers’ business requirements.
- Distill customer and market intelligence and assess, report and recommend required actions.
- Anticipate customer issues and work with internal and external contacts to resolve within a specified timeframe.
- Support the development and monitoring of key performance indicators for major functions, programs and strategic initiatives within the Trade Development area to improve customer service and enhance the competitive position of Port of Vancouver.
- Develop action plans and project charters that are tightly aligned with Trade Development priorities and corporate strategic initiatives.
- Develop and implement systems and processes for marketing plan development; contribute to marketing strategies and recommend tactics.
- Analyze and apply key information to recommend pricing strategies within annual fee reviews.
- Develop materials to facilitate and participate in fee consultations.
- Represent the port authority at meetings, committees, conferences and conventions, ensuring clear communication of the business strategy and key messages, and the presentation of a positive and professional image of the business.
- Prepare and deliver promotional presentations to customers and stakeholders.
- Act as a facilitator between customers, stakeholders and internal parties to work together for collaborative success in the Vancouver Gateway.
- Attend conferences, participate in special events and make customer calls outside of regular working hours and travel of approximately 10%.
As the successful candidate, you have a business degree preferably related to marketing along with a minimum of 4 years marketing experience in an international trade environment with direct experience in key customer account management working with terminal operators and shipping lines. Effective facilitation skills with demonstrated experience in marketing and customer engagement in a multifaceted environment would be an asset. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and other presentation and database applications, in particular advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint. Your outstanding interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, your strong orientation to customer service and your ability to work independently to achieve results set you apart from the rest.
The port authority offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program. (The starting wage rate for this position is $46.50 per hour.)
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please apply on-line by visiting http://www.portvancouver.com/careers/.
(Please note that this posting will remain active until the position is filled.)
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.