Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC) is a Transport Canada certified Response Organization, whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when an oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public.
We are currently seeking a Temporary Full Time (1 year contract with possibility of extension) Communications Coordinator for our Corporate Head Office located in Burnaby B.C. This is a one year contract position, with potential for renewal based on continuing business needs. The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for providing support in the development and implementation of effective communication initiatives, creating communication materials, and maintaining WCMRC’s relationships with media, coastal communities and government representatives. The primary focus of the role will be on internal communication.
The principal accountabilities for this position include:
- Supporting the development and execution of communication initiatives that support business goals, while reflecting WCMRC’s business and communication priorities, mission, vision and values
- Identify and action internal and external opportunities to communicate change and share successes within the organization
- Working with industry partners on communication strategies and messaging on shared issues and representing WCMRC at industry events
- Writing and editing a variety of documents including collateral, such as media releases, articles, speaking notes, website content and regular social content
- Completing other responsibilities as assigned
Successful candidates will possess:
- 1 to 3 years Communications relations experience, preferably with a focus on internal and corporate communications
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience managing digital platforms, including Wordpress and social media
- Experience with graphic design software preferred
Additionally, you will need to be a collaborative team player who is able to manage changing priorities, have keen attention for details, and be experienced and comfortable with public speaking.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust, integrity in our business practices, success through competency, creativity and teamwork, and being a steward of the environment. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please submit a cover letter and detailed resume via http://adr.to/pcvti
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. To find out more about us, visit our website at www.wcmrc.com