Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC) is a Transport Canada certified Response Organization, whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when an oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public.
We are seeking a Full Time Operations Coordinator/Administrative Assistant to join our team in Prince Rupert B.C.
The Operations Coordinator/Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
• Maintaining Operations Scheduling Calendar - Scheduling exercises, maintenance activities, planning vacation time and employee shifts where required
• Assisting Operations Management in the execution of Base Level exercises and drills to evaluate personnel and equipment readiness
• Successfully executing assigned tasks during certification exercises in accordance with the Oil Spill Response Plan
• Assisting with timekeeping for staff on spills and providing administrative support, as required
• Assisting in the development of training plans to ensure the readiness of contractors (vessels and land-based) within Zone of Responsibility (ZOR) that support WCMRC during a spill
• Performing frontline duties by greeting visitors, answering the phone, booking meeting rooms, filtering media and responding to general inquiries
• Maintaining WCMRC office facilities and equipment
• Fulfilling purchase requisitions, administering courier packages and mail
• Completing other responsibilities as assigned
To be successful in this position you will bring a post-secondary degree or diploma and a minimum of two to three years of previous experience coordinating operational activities and office administration. You will need to be a collaborative team player, able to coordinate and interact with multiple people and projects, and skilled at managing changing and shifting priorities. In addition, high attention to detail, strong computer skills, including proficiency with all MS Office applications is required.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust, integrity in all our business practices, success through competency, creativity and teamwork, and being a steward of the environment. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, submit a cover letter and detailed resume through the following link: http://adr.to/fdpdi
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find out more about us, visit our website at www.wcmrc.com