The Organization: SAAM SMIT
SAAM SMIT Canada Inc. focuses on providing harbour towage and tanker escort assistance from its four B.C. locations of Vancouver, New Westminster, Prince Rupert, and Kitimat. SAAM SMIT Towage owns and operates a combined fleet of over 100 tugboats showcasing the latest technology, power, and capacity. With capacities from 41-ton bollard pull to 95-ton bp, its versatile and flexible fleet can handle large container ships; ro-ro ships; oil, chemical and LNG tankers; and other bulk carriers, refrigerated ships, and general cargo ships.
Since its founding SAAM SMIT Towage has served a wide range of clients including oil and gas companies, port operators, shipping companies, EPC contractors, government agencies, international project developers, insurance companies, and mining firms
To learn more, please SAAM SMIT Towage’s website
The Opportunity: Manager, Northern BC
Based in Prince Rupert, B.C., the purpose of the Manager, Northern BC is to provide overall leadership to the Prince Rupert and Kitimat locations of the Company. The Manager will maintain levels of safety, quality and customer service to the standards of SAAM and Boskalis worldwide and provide a safe and enjoyable workplace for all employees. In addition, s/he will contribute to the profitability of SAAM SMIT Canada by coordinating crews and vessels to deliver services to customers and maintain equipment in accordance with Company standards.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
• Business degree or five years’ marine related business management experience, or equivalent;
• Exceptional customer service skills;
• High-level knowledge of the marine industry and good understanding of marine transportation;
• Operational Management and Leadership Skills;
• Problem solving skills;
• Negotiation skills;
• Experience in a union environment;
• Excellent business acumen;
• Confidence and command skills resulting in an ability to deal with difficult situations and strong personalities in an environment that can be conflict-oriented;
• Conflict management skills;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills related to communications, customer service, and employee relations.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Andrew Philip or Tony Kirschner
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422