Valles Steamship (Canada) Ltd. is a ship management company which currently manages a fleet of 13 vessels trading worldwide. For more information about our company, please visit our website www.vallessteamship.com.
The company is seeking a qualified candidate to handle the day-to-day accounting operations. The responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, monitoring invoices and effecting relevant payments, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a good knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate should be a good team player and also have the ability to work efficiently and effectively under time pressure.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Maintain accurate financial records, analyze and forecast financial information
- Provide financial status information by preparing special reports
- Prepare audit working papers for internal and external review
- Participate in the accounting system month-end and year-end close process
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Other projects as assigned
- Proven experience as an accountant
- Degree with focus in accounting
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Windows based software
- Integrated Accounting System experience
- Highly organized and attention to detail, ability to work under pressure
- Relevant certification (eg. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Depending on qualification and experience
- Up to 20 working days
- MSP & extended health coverage upon completion of probation
Why Choose Valles:
Valles is a family managed company where different departments work closely together to achieve the company’s vision. The candidate would report directly to the Company’s CFO and Accounting Manager, working closely with Senior Management. The position provides an opportunity to learn the intricacies of accounting for a fleet of vessels. In addition to an entry into a career with Valles, the position provides latitude to advance within the wider shipping industry.
How to Apply: