Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC) is a Transport Canada certified Response Organization, whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when an oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public.
We are seeking a Full Time Maintenance Supervisor to join our team in Burnaby, B.C.
The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for:
• Organize, plan, schedule and supervise day-to-day maintenance activities within their area of responsibility.
• Support spill response activities as required.
• Ensure maintenance schedules, programs, quality initiatives, safety targets, budget, efficiency metrics and other operational measurements are met, maintain accurate equipment inventory, and ensure all response equipment, facilities, vehicles, trailers and small vessels meet company standards and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure proper repair procedures are followed and that all documentation is completed and recorded appropriately.
• Recommend new procedures or equipment modifications as part of our continuous improvement objective.
• Plan, schedule, assign, and review monthly work orders, vessel runs, and regulatory inspections (eg. Commercial Vehicle Inspections, safety equipment, etc).
• Review, develop, and implement maintenance schedules and interact closely with our CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
• Completing all other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position you will hold a post-secondary degree or diploma in a mechanical trade or technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Also required is Minimum 3 year’s previous supervisory experience and a minimum of five to seven years’ experience with marine or equipment maintenance and experience in working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS). This role will also require previous knowledge of marine mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
You will need to be a collaborative team player, able to coordinate and interact with multiple people and projects, and skilled at managing changing and shifting priorities. In addition, high attention to detail, strong computer skills, including proficiency with all MS Office applications is required.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust, integrity in all our business practices, success through competency, creativity and teamwork, and being a steward of the environment. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please submit a cover letter and detailed resume. http://wcmrc.com/careers/?ja-job=41640
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find out more about us, visit our website at www.wcmrc.com