Chartering Manager / Senior Chartering Manager
G2 Ocean is a joint venture of two of the world's leading breakbulk and bulk shipping companies: Gearbulk and Grieg Star. We operate the largest fleet of open hatch vessels worldwide. In addition we operate a substantial fleet of conventional bulk carriers. With 130 vessels and 13 offices on six continents, we can serve all our customer's needs. Our vessels are tailor-made for breakbulk cargoes like forestry products, steel and project cargoes. Advanced systems make shipping with us easy. The passion and expertise of our people put our customers at ease. This is the basis for reliable, efficient, flexible, high-quality and innovative services.
Do you like working with people, and have good inter-personal skills? Are you both organized and creative? Our team in Vancouver, BC, needs a new colleague to assist the Chartering Director on Trade Management activities. As a part of our experienced team in Vancouver, you will:
• Evaluate and conclude market opportunities - both parcels and full and complete cargoes
• Develop and manage customer and business portfolios
• Schedule trades
• Provide market intelligence and knowledge
• Have post-fix responsibilities
You will be working closely with all commercial professionals in the local office, in the trade hub and with local coastal operations. Personal integrity and trustworthiness is essential for the position. If you are able to liaise effectively across countries and functions, you may be the perfect candidate to the position.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Senior Chartering Manager/ Chartering Director in Developing new accounts and maintain a high level of market intelligence in the region/market of interest to G2O
• Reporting monthly/quarterly forecasted trade voyage results as required by management. Continually monitor and evaluate customer and supplier performance.
• Support and enhance customer relations, and ensure that the commercial performance, where applicable, of the service commitments undertaken by the Company is delivered and implemented.
• Supporting Senior Chartering Manager/ Chartering Director with the preparation of Trade Voyage Budgets, Forecasts and Business plans.
• To be able to create voyage in Dataloy and handover to Voyage Ops Management including agreeing expected result and voyage duration, issue cargo lineups, including distribution to voyage ops management
• Issue commercial schedules, receive cargo nomination's from customers and send vessels nominations to customers
• Prepare work required for written and verbal quotations and negotiations of spot cargoes and seeking approval as per company procedures.
• Participate and prepare for discrepancy meetings in conjunction with the Operations Group and Manila Teams.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
• Maintain high level of market intelligence to secure regular completion spot cargoes and grow and develop existing and new business.
• A strong market and business awareness of ship operations and shipping industry
• Strong analytical and numerical skills
• Customer focused
• Good IT Skills
• Market awareness
• Able to assist with budget preparation
• Organised and capable of maintaining CRM systems
• Proactive and highly motivated approach
• Eligible and ready to work in Vancouver, Canada
We offer challenging tasks and opportunities for personal and professional development in an international working environment. The company has a competitive salary and benefits package. Some traveling will be required. The position is located in our branch office in Vancouver and will be reporting to the local Chartering Director.
If you have the relevant experience combined with the ambition to succeed in this role, then please apply by the 31st of March or contact us for more information.
Ana Paula Alves