Client Services Manager - Western Canada
The purpose and role of the Client Services Department is to take care of the customer's needs by providing and delivering professional, quality service, assistance and first call resolution taking into consideration all the company expectations for providing an exceptional customer experience. They are additionally responsible to produce all bookings and final documentation by the required to ensure proper manifesting of the vessels for sailing.
MSC Canada is looking for a Client Services Manager who has the desire to make a significant contribution to a rapidly growing organization. Reporting to the Director of Branch Services – Western Canada, the Client Services Manager will lead a team of various responsibilities from the creation of a booking to the receipt of the manifest to the empty return of containers on the inbound side. The Client Services Manager will lead our staff towards our vision of becoming Canada’s most customer centric carrier and bring forward innovative ideas to achieve long-term/short-term goals.
• Manage and motivate staff, recruit staff, train and develop staff, according to company’s policies and employment laws, and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed (appraisals, discipline, grievance, etc.)
• Manage and maintain Client Service’s department ‘s work quality and target achievements
• Attend and conduct meetings and contribute to company’s strategy and policy-making as required
• Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company or on own accord
• Plan and implement service strategy and activities consistent with overall aims and requirements of the company
• Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in service standards and procedures
• Anticipate, research and report on future changes to relevant local territory practices (customs/CFIA /port authorities), and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning of the department's own strategy, resources and procedures
• Communicate, liaise, and support other departments using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
• Perform all related tasks as required and requested by management to meet departmental business and service needs.
• Ensure that the overall Import/Export Customer Service, Export Documentation, Booking and Adjustment department functions properly as per the company’s policy and manage all related duties to cargo export out of Canada.
• Planning and assessing daily/weekly volume and work load vs FTE present with contingency plans for emergencies
• Plan and implement Export strategy/processes and activities consistent with overall targets/KPIs and requirements of the company and customers’ needs
• Ensure team fully understands the customer centric vision and reinforce first-call resolution
• Avoid unnecessary costs to the company and customers claims by fixing issues from the source
• Work proactively with other areas of the business to reduce service tickets and ultimately the amount of customer effort to resolve an issue
• Manage the call queue and email times, and perform regular call quality reviews with team
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• 2-5 years of work experience in relevant industry (ie. Shipping, Logistics or transportation)
• 3-5 years experience directly supervising or managing a team
• Bachelors Degree as asset
• Customer centric mindset with demonstrated ability to advocate for and empathize with customer
• Ability to establish and enforce best practice KPIs/targets based on real-time data
• Ability to lead and work effectively with cross-functional teams
• Ability to motivate a team towards achieving a common goal, coach, provide guidance and reinforce positive behaviours
• Experience in developing departmental/service strategies and effectively communicating recommendations to senior management
• Professional written and spoken communications skills
• Ability to work under pressure, strong organizational, planning and follow up skills
• Proven Top Performer by providing testimonials from past roles
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Office 365)
• Knowledge of Zendesk and/or Power BI, an asset
• Direct shipping experience, specifically in the areas of Import/Export Customer Service, Bookings/Adjustments and Export Documentation, an asset.