Account Owner - Vancouver
ZIM Integrated Shipping Ltd was established in 1945, and has developed into one of the largest, leading carriers in the global container shipping industry.
At ZIM, we are committed to providing our clients around the world with reliable, flexible shipping solutions based on expertise gained from over half a century of experience. We cultivate long-term partnerships with our customers to delivering a range of services adapted to meet their specific needs with the ZIM seal of quality.
We currently have an opening in our Vancouver office - Sales Department for an Account Owner.
This is the ideal role for an experienced, proactive, self-starter that thrives in a fast paced environment and who takes pride in building strong customer relationships.
Our core business:
A global network of container vessels with established routes serving markets around the world. We have five vessel calls to Canadian ports per week, two to Port of Vancouver. The Vancouver sales and marketing group covers all Western Canada traffic – both import and export. The principle focus is Transpacific business as we operate direct services to/from China, Taiwan, Korea and S.E Asia.
• Maintain and manage an existing account portfolio with a focus on promoting profitable trade lanes in accordance with established monthly and quarterly marketing targets.
• Implement and maintain an account call cycle to ensure customer satisfaction, execution of account development strategies and prospecting new business. This call cycle include will include both face-to-face meetings as well as phone calls and emails.
• Serve as the principle point of contact for customer rate requests and on-going price negotiations.
• Monitor and manage account’s business volume and revenue metrics within our company CRM system.
• Daily interaction with other Canadian offices and within our global agency network to assist with Vancouver account related matters.
• Provide assistance/oversight and back up to our customer service group as needed.
• Target and develop new business opportunities with the objective of increasing revenue and market share.
• Maintain and log sales activities in the CRM system.
• Generate periodic customer forecast figures.
Successful candidate’s skills and attributes:
• A post secondary education and a minimum of 3 years experience/progression in the container transportation industry, ideally in customer focused roles and the Transpacific market place.
• Working knowledge of logistics industry technical terms, general operations and procedures.
• Proficient in responding quickly and courteously to telephone calls and email in a high paced open-office environment.
• Strong business presentation and social skills necessary to interact effectively face-to-face with customers.
• Diligent and methodical approach to obtaining new business.
• Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Computer literacy. High proficiency in Microsoft Office products.