Friday, 19 July 2019 11:06

Federal government sells Ridley Terminals to First Nations and US equity firms

gov canada

 

The federal government has reached a deal to sell Ridley Terminal to a US equity firms and First Nations. Located in Northern BC, Ridley Terminals Inc. is a Crown corporation that owns the facility in the Port of Prince Rupert which exports coal. This deal will see 90 percent of its shares sold for $350-million to U.S. private equity firms, Riverstone Holdings LLC and AMCI Group. The remaining 10 percent will be transferred to a limited partnership owned by the Lax Kw’alaams Band and the Metlakatla First Nation.

 

 

Read 70 times Last modified on Friday, 19 July 2019 11:07
Login to post comments